Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome to Morocco!


I had the pleasure to visit Marrakech, Morocco for a few days this week. If you've ever wanted to frolick in 115 degree heat with humidity and sand flying everywhere, then Marrakech is the place for you! If you love eating an entire lamb in one sitting, then Marrakech is also the place for you. If you love sweaty swap meets and wanna go to the biggest one (and sweatiest one) on the face of the earth, then Marrakech is definitely the place for you! I'm not the greatest sweltering heat/lamb-eating/swap meet lovin' guy in the world, so I found it a little hard to adapt to. But we did have the fortune to see one of the most outrageous movie sets I've ever seen and a production that was truly 'epic' in every sense of the word. Heck, I even scored a brand spankin' new ride while I was there. In London, I don't have the privilige of having a car so I hijacked a camel back in Marrakech to take back with me. I'm sure I'll attract all kinds of unwanted attention as I cruise through the streets of London on the back of a fat camel but I really don't give a crap! I'm tired of walking. I'm from California dammit ;) Anyhoo, this photo was taken as I reached the coast of northern Morocco. It was a nice, clear day so I could see Spain in the distance. I seriously hope that camels can swim. Otherwise, don't expect another post, like, ever!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Suck it up, buttercup!! Walking in London is not all that bad... and if you REALLY need a ride to somewhere, there is always something called - a CAB!!! :0)) The Black cabs are really nice, albeit a bit more expensive than other cabs. Glad you're having a good time there. Keep up the blog - it's a fun read! Take Care!!

Jeff Kabigting said...

Ran into your blog and noticed the photo on this specific entry.. Is that an Active t-shirt?! If so.. amazing!